Sunday 1 September 2013

Stick, Gloss or Balm?


Afternoon Lovlis :)

When it comes to what to paint my lips with, I spend about half an hour trying one thing, rubbing it off and trying another. I can never really quite decide what to go with, and the question I always end up asking myself is 'Do I go Lip stick, Lip gloss or Lip balm?'

As it's a new month, I thought I would rank my top three lip products and share them with you beauties!!

Enjoy :)


3rd Place: Lip stick - Berry Blush by Avon

I have never really been a fan of Lip stick to be honest. Maybe it's because I just haven't found the right one, but whenever I used to put it on, it would fade away, smudge all over my lips and leave them feeling pretty dry!!

I tried using a Lip Pencil once and I ended up looking like a Drag Queen, and as I am quite lazy when it comes to putting my makeup on, I didn't bother trying to master it (which is another reason I hardly wear Lip stick).

However, I have recently started using a Lip stick called 'Berry Blush' by Avon, and I must say I do like this one :)

I don't use dark colours for any of my lip products because I feel that they don't suit my skin tone or face, so the light pinky colour is perfect for me. It feels nice on my little lips and doesn't go dry!! Nonetheless, it still comes into third place as lipstick is my least favourite lip product (sorry lipstick lovers).





2nd Place: Lip Gloss - Rimmel London - 'Vinyl Gloss' & Bourjois Paris 'Effect 3D'

I couldn't decide out of these two so in joint place are two Lip glosses from Rimmel London and Bourjois Paris :)

I love Lip gloss!! It's easy to put on, makes my lips stand out, and most of the ones I buy taste nice too! The only bad thing I can say about Lip gloss, is that it can be really sticky (and that's not good for things like cheeky kisses).

I bought the Rimmel London lip gloss before my summer holiday this year, because when the suns out I like to wear bright, pastel colours!! This gloss is a peachy colour and looks great with sun kissed skin (or olive skin like mine). It's not too sticky, and lasts a long time (but I am forever topping up).

The Bourjois Paris gloss is also a peach colour, but I think it has a hint of light brown in there too!! I like this one because it has a 3D Effect which my lips definitely need :( Again it makes my lips feel nice, and it also gives them a slight pump, making them look fuller!! 

Lip gloss lovers, they would make a good investment, and these ones aren't too expensive (I got them from SuperDrug both for under a tenner I believe).




1st Place: Lip Balm - Nivea 'Pearly Shine'

In first place, and by far one of the best lip products I have ever had, goes to Nivea Lip balms!!

I have many lip balms all over my house, but the one I use all the time at the moment is the 'Pearly Shine' Nivea Lip balm.

Lip Balm is just awesome. Whether the sun is blazing or snow is falling, Lip Balm will always be there for your lips. They make your lips feel and look smooth, they taste sweet, and they help fix the chapped lip disasters!!

What I love about this Nivea Lip balm, is that it gives your lips a pinky shine as well as moisturises and leaves them feeling silky smooth.

Lip balms can be used for all occasions, and even though they don't stand out as much as Lip stick or Lip gloss, I believe they still look great and sometimes less is more people :)

I use this Lip balm everyday which is why it comes in 1st place!!

Invest in one, better yet, invest in them ALL!!!!!!




If you have any suggestions or tips for what to use on my lips, feel free to tweet me or comment on this post!! I would love to hear some feedback, and would appreciate the love & support :)

LoveLove
Elle P

2 comments:

  1. I love the Nivea stuff it looks good and it's good for your lips too:)

    Www.themakeupsquid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Nivea is my favourite, but I think I might jump on this 'Baby Lips' hype soon and invest in some :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete