Wednesday 4 September 2013

Elle Must Get Fit Project

Morning Lovlis :)

I've decided to take a break from my video editing to introduce one of my new weekly posts that I will be blogging about, and that is the 'Elle Must Get Fit Project'!!!!

When I left college at 18, I was satisfied with the way I looked. I was tall and slim (had a bit of a belly) but I was happy. However, as soon as I started studying at university, the next three years of my life went down the drain in regards to my fitness - along with all the alcohol, takeaways, and really bad foods - and I left Uni in 2011 really overweight and unhappy with my body!!

One of the main reasons that I put weight on was because I met my boyfriend during my third year of uni, and you would think that would make a girl push herself to look awesome, but with me, I just ate more and more because I felt comfortable with him, and before I knew it, I had gone too far!!

Over the years I have tried all kinds of stupid diets that don't work because they are STUPID!! From 'Soup diets' to 'No Carb' diets to 'Six meals a day diets' and so on, and none of them have been in for the long run. Fad diets are such a waste of time, and even though you might get good results quicker, the weight all comes back on once you cave and realise you can't just banish all the food you love!! There would be so many times I would have two weeks of being on one of these diets, lose loads of pounds and feel better, and then cave and go food crazy in Tesco's.

At the start of this year, I decided to try something new and I joined the well known weight loss club 'Slimming World' with my Mumzi and two Aunties. At first it was just an excuse to get out of the house on a Monday night (and spend some time with my Mum), but once I was shocked at how much I weighed, I really wanted to get involved and get shedding those pounds!! It's been seven months since I joined and I have only managed to lose a stone - which is awesome that I have lost anything - but for seven months it's pathetic!!! I stopped following the plan ages ago, and just tried eating better, which is silly because it means I'm wasting my time and money. The only reason I still go is because I have gotten to know the other members, and I enjoy having an hour and a half every Monday sitting in a room with 15 ladies and 2 men, having a laugh about our lives!!

However, I have decided enough is ENOUGH!!! I am sick of not being able to fit into my clothes anymore, not feeling great in just jeans and a t-shirt, always wondering what people think of me when I put a Donut in my mouth. I should be able to eat what I want, and feel and look great at the same time right? But I've come to realise I can't just snap my fingers and be a size 12, I can't just eat my third chocolate bar and think I'll be slim next month, and I can't keep thinking that if I stuff my face today and starve tomorrow, it will balance out!!!

So I have decided that it's time to finally step up!! I'm going to carry on with my healthy eating, I'll still be having my cheat days, where I can eat my favourite foods. But I am going to start adding some serious exercise plan into my daily routine, to help boost that weight loss and get my body on the road to success :)

I'm going to weekly blog about what I have lost (or gained) each week, what my healthiest meals were, and what exercise I did. I am going to track my progress on here, and once I start noticing some changes, I'll be using my photographic evidence to capture my body changes and prove to you guys how well I am doing!!!

This blog has made me so motivated now and I hope along the way I can inspire other girls like me to do the same. Hell, we can even start our own group!! :)

If you managed to get through all of that, thank you so much for taking the time to read it!!!

As always, I would love to hear all your thoughts, suggestions and weight loss tips (if any), and as my 'Slimming World' consultant says 'I hope to see less of you next week' (Cheese I know).

LoveLove
Elle P

No comments:

Post a Comment