Tuesday 3 September 2013

I joined the Baby Lips hype.....

Hey Lovlis :)

I'm sure you have all been reading the huge amount of posts about the new Maybelline lip balms 'Baby Lips'. After reading so many good reviews on them, I decided that I had to join the circle and invest in them. Don't worry though, this will only be a short post of what I think of them :)

So I tried Superdrug but they had all run out, so thankfully I got lucky when I walked in to Boots. I was impressed with the 3 for 2 offer, but with only two versions left, I had to buy a foundation too :)

The two I bought were the 'Hydrate' and the 'Pink Punch', and I must say they are really good. The packaging was decent, easy to get off, and I love the bright, contrasting colours, the big fonts, and the plastic, see through lids.

Both smell lovely!! The 'Hydrate' being more cool and refreshing, while the 'Pink Punch' is sweeter and rosier (if that makes sense). Both feel nice on my lips, and the 'Pink Punch' gives my lips a hint of colour, which is nice considering its lip balm.

However, with all that said, I do feel like these little beauties have been hyped up a little too much. Although they are really good, I can't help but feel that the 'Pink Punch' reminds me of my Nivea Pearly Shine lip balm (that was on my 'Lip, Stick or Balm?' post), and the 'Hydrate' reminds me of a normal, plain lip balm, with a nice smell to it!!

I'm not saying that that means these aren't worth investing in because they are, and I haven't tried the other versions yet so I can't judge those ones, but I feel that they join some of the top lip balms out there rather than beat them.

Nonetheless, since purchasing these two, my lips feel great and I can't stop using them (which means they must be doing something right). So I would definitely recommend all you lip balm lovers like me to invest in some. I'll be waiting for my local Boots to get some more in stock, but for now I am happy with the two I have :)

What versions do you guys have? What do you think of them? Are they worth the attention they have been getting?

Feel free to drop me a comment below :)

LoveLove
Elle P


No comments:

Post a Comment