Saturday 28 September 2013

Music: My top three Albums so far...

Hey Lovli's,

Hope you have all had a great week and are enjoying the weekend so far!
Today's post is going to be a music related one because it's officially the weekend, and the weekend is when I get my dance on :)

I love music! I love how it can change your mood, lift you up (and bring you down at times), inspire you, change you, motivate you, relate to you, and just make you feel awesome when you need it to!!

Despite all of this, when it comes to buying an album, I have always found it hard  to buy one and love every song on the playlist. I always find myself skipping to that one track, repeating the same songs, and I end up playing the same tunes too much and then the album is pushed to the back of my shelf. I believe when listening to albums you should listen to the songs in the order they were put in, because they were obviously put in that particular order for a reason. So it's difficult when I come across one where I skip tracks that I find boring.

However, I thought I would share with you today my top three albums so far that I can honestly say have been well worth my money. I have loved every track - I never skip - and I haven't killed the songs yet by hitting replay 50 times.

So first up is the amazing 'Breakaway' Album by Kelly Clarkson. The album was released in 2004, and it was her second one following 'Thankful' in 2003. This was the first album that I bought that I listened to the whole way through without stopping. This album was certainly different from her first one. All the songs had a pop rock feel to them, and I could relate to certain parts of her lyrics.

TOP FIVE SONGS

Breakaway
Since you been gone
Gone
Addicted
Beautiful Disaster




Next up is the art pop sensation that is Lady Gaga with her debut album 'The Fame Monster'. The album was released in 2008 and after being a huge fan of her singles 'Just Dance' & 'Poker Face', I just had to buy it and have a listen. The album had two discs, each track was unique, just as magnetising as the one before, and it had a great feel of 80's dance pop to it. I loved how Gaga was honest about being fame hungry in her lyrics, as well as her other main subjects like sex, money, love & identity.


TOP FIVE SONGS

Alejandro
Monster
So happy I could die
LoveGame
I like it Rough




Last but not least is British Boy Band Bastille with their debut album 'Bad Blood'. The album was released earlier this year and is my most recent purchase. I have not stopped listening to this album! I'm not sure if it's because of how sexy Dan Smith's voice is, or because of how each song is a well sung - gripping - story. You'll be familiar with songs like 'Pompeii' that is about the infamous Town 'Pompeii' that became famous after Mount Vesuvius erupted!!


TOP FIVE SONGS

Bad Blood
Things we lost in the Fire
Icarus
Laura Palmer
The Silence




So there you have my Top Three  - extremely different from each other - albums that I have purchased and enjoyed every track on them.

What are your Top Albums? Do you have any of mine? What do you think of them?

I always appreciate feedback - good or bad- and some love and support!!

Comments would be much appreciated lovli's!!

Have a great weekend!!

LoveLove
Elle p













2 comments: