Monday 21 October 2013

Time for a Change...

Morning Lovlis.

I have been thinking a lot lately about my blog, what I want from it, what I want to write about, and after a lot of thought I have decided to change the focus/main subject of my blog.

I have always wanted to have my own blog. Always loved the idea of being able to express myself through words online. Have people follow me, relate to me, and connect with me etc. I started 'Baby Owls Thoughts' a couple of months ago, and if I am honest, it wasn't the right time. I have been wanting to start blogging for so long that I just created my blog for the sake of creating it, leaving myself no time to decide what I wanted to blog about.

My main focus up until now has been Fashion/Beauty, but if I am being completely true to myself and you guys, that's not what I want to be mainly blogging about. Don't get me wrong, I love reading all the fashion and beauty bloggers posts that I follow, and I do enjoy writing my own posts from time to time, but I want to feel excited when I blog, I want to feel passion for what I am writing, and at the moment, I don't.

It has got to the point now where I can't be bothered to blog because I am not that interested in what I am blogging about. I do love fashion and beauty, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I am passionate about it. I don't follow top brands or trends, I have more natural - non makeup - days than makeup days. I'm one of those girls that only take 30 minutes to get ready instead of an hour or more. I'm also not that educated in fashion or beauty, so blogging about something I don't know much about or I'm not interested in, seems pretty stupid and pointless.

Every post I have uploaded has been 100% accurate in terms of what I've blogged about. However, I haven't been as enthusiastic when writing some of them as I may have come across in the actual posts, and that's something I don't want.

I have decided to take some time to figure out what I want to write about. I'm considering changing my whole blog! The title, image, the subject focus (obviously), I want to see if it makes me better at blogging. Who knows, it might not work again, and I might actually figure out that I'm not meant to be an online blogger! But it might work this time, and I'll realise that all I needed to do was give myself time to decide what my blog and I are about!!

I hope you guys can support me with this decision. I do think blogging should not be just for the sake of it, which is why I think it's only fair I am honest with myself and you lovlis.

This does mean I'll be off the radar for a while, but I'm hoping it won't be for too long, and when I return, I hope it's with something awesome :)

Thank you for reading and see you soon!!

LoveLove
Elle P

No comments:

Post a Comment