Monday 28 October 2013

Party At The Weekend...

I love a good party, and my family definitely know how to throw one!

Coming from a big and extremely close family, there's always a party - or random gathering - every week. Whether it's a special occasion, or just an evening round someones house, there is always something going on.

This week it was all about my two cousins - who are sisters - who were celebrating big birthdays. Christina was turning 21, and Andrea was turning 18 (pretty big ones). Friday night my sister and I gave the girls their birthday presents. As this year was a special birthday for them both, we decided to get creative and make them a Scrap book each.




I took this picture Friday night as we watched them open and read through their Scrap books. It was quite emotional for them, but they loved their gift which was all we were hoping for. The Scrap books consisted of photos, a list of our best memories, our favourite film quotes, a playlist with our favourite movie themes, and a personal letter from both my sister and I to them.

Everything we used to make the Scrap books were from Hobby Craft. Up until two weeks ago, I had never stepped foot in to one. But as a lover of arts and crafts - and seeing as one of the Hobby Crafts stores had not long opened just up the road from my house - I thought it was the perfect time for me to visit one for the first time. I'm not going to say much about Hobby Craft yet because I'll probably write some long arse post about it in future posts, but I will say that I did get a bit too excited in the store, and if I wasn't already broke, I probably would be now.

Saturday night was the party of the month! We hired out a hall, invited the whole family, hired a DJ, made some food, and partied pretty hard (well I did). I can honestly say I did not sit down once. I was dancing non-stop all night - probably burnt loads of calories woop - and it was another great night.




The cakes were made by my Aunty. She is pretty awesome and will attempt anything. I'll make a post soon about all of her cakes she has made so far as I honestly think she would be really good at it professionally.


(left to right) Birthday girl Andrea, Moi, my sister Martha, birthday girl Christina, and Christina's friend (who I feel really bad that I have forgotten her name).


Myself and the boyfriend. The dress is from Tesco's again. I actually love the clothes I find in there! It's a navy lace dress with a black belt and it was £25. Bargain.

Have a great week people :)

LoveLove

-Elle-




No comments:

Post a Comment