Friday 30 August 2013

What my hair needs...


I didn't think I would be doing a post on my hair this soon, as my hair, is a joke!!

Some would say I was blessed with big, brown, curly locks, but I feel I was cursed with a frizzy, dry and greasy ball of mess!! I have always tried to find easy solutions for taming my hair, and while some have seemed to work for a while, my hair always ends up going back to the lions mane it was born with!! I have had plenty of times when I literally could not get a brush through my hair - and let's not forget the time I had to cut a comb out of my hair - and when I was around nine, I remember my own Mother having enough of my hair so she took me to the hairdressers and had the stylist cut my hair off (making me resemble a nine year old greek boy), and making me the laughing stock of the class when I had to go to school the following week.

Having a hairdresser for a sister has had both it's advantages and disadvantages. For one, Martha knows all about the products I need for my type of hair, she enjoys styling it, and as her number one sister, I  get it all for free :) However, this also means my hair is used for when she wants to try new things out. I act as her 'model', so my hair has been coloured, tinted, bleached and so on. The latest thing Martha has tried out on me has been the 'Ombre', so I can understand why my hair stays battered a lot of the time!!

I think a woman's hair is one of the most important things. A persons hair is one of the first things you notice when you see them. It can make a statement and a big difference if you look after it and style it well, which is why I hate that its my least favourite thing about myself. I really want to find that one special product that is going to make my hair finally stand out, and be silky, soft, smooth, and easy to style!!

Now although my hair has a lot of bad days, it definitely has had it's good ones, and for that I thank god for the following life savers that I own and use all the time!! I honestly don't think my hair would have made it without them, an I would suggest them for anyone with thick , frizzy and knotty hair like mine !!
Enjoy lovlis :) 




Detangler Brush!! 

This is definitely one of the best investments I have made in the last two years!! I have always struggled trying to brush my hair, whether I've just woken up, stepped out of the shower, or brushed it five minutes ago!! So when Martha introduced hers to me, I stole it to be perfectly honest. It is amazing, it goes straight through my hair -the trick being to start at the bottom of your hair- and in about two minutes my hair has untangled and looks and feels great!!
I see this brushes everywhere now but mine was from 'Chris & Sons'. Invest in one if you don't already have one, they are awesome!! 




Paul Mitchell's Lite Detangler and Round Trip!

Now sometimes the Detangler brush needs a bit of help (my hair really is that bad) so I use Paul Mitchell's Lite Detangler. A few sprays on my hair - wet or dry - and my brush goes through easier. It also acts as a leave in conditioner so my hair is left feeling smooth and looking shiny!!

I use the Round Trip to enhance my curls when I'm styling my hair!! It takes ages to run out because you only need a few small pumps of it and it makes your curls look bouncier, curlier, and I find it gives my hair more volume!! 




VO5 'Refresh me Quick' Dry Shampo
VO5 'High Volume' Hairspray 

I love VO5 products!! I find they (alongside TRESemme) do the most for my hair compared to any other brands, and they aren't too expensive either which is a bonus!!

The dry shampoo is great for when I don't have time to wash my hair, or I'm going camping with the family!!

The hairspray I use all the time for nights out and when I put my hair up!! It has a strong hold and keeps my big hair in place!! I love the smell of hairspray too, so when I use it, I spray at least a quarter of my bottle (too much I know).



TRESemme 24 Hour Body Shampoo and Conditioner!

Last but not least, the TRESemme Shampoo & Conditioner!! I only ever use TRESemme because they make my hair feel amazing in the shower, they smell awesome, and there's so many to choose from for different hair needs!!

I love the 24 Hour body duo, but I also use the 'Strengthening, Smoothing, and Naturals' versions as well, and they do wonders for my hair too :)

I would definitely advise investing in these products (the Detangler brush for sure) unless unlike me your hair is perfect and just falls in to place everyday :O

Feel free to comment and give me any hair tips of your own, I am always happy to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

LoveLove
Elle P


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessa , it means a lot :)

      I've found you on Bloglovin :)

      Would love a follow back !!

      Elle P x

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete